GCC’s Theatre and Video Production Technology departments have teamed up to produce at least two student-written screenplays. The screenplays will be produced with film acting student actors by the video production advanced directing class.
In order to have your screenplay considered, follow these guidelines:
1. Scripts must be submitted before the end of Spring Semester and may come from any interested student.
2. Scripts must be submitted in Film Format.
3. Scripts should be from 10-20 pages and they must tell a complete story.
4. The script would be best with no more than two leads and several supporting roles that can be played by either sex.
5. Limit locations, one is best. For example: in and around a house or the school stadium.
6. Content should be acceptable to the administration, suitable for YouTube, and MCTV – meaning PG-13 in relation to sexual issues, R-for language (though PG-13 would be best). Graphic or gratuitous violence is not recommended.
7. Scripts should be submitted with a cover page with the writer’s contact information. Judgment of the scripts will be blind, so the header on the script itself should contain only the title and page number. Scripts with identifying information will not be submitted for consideration.
8. Final selection will be made before start of summer classes. If nothing suitable is submitted, we will shoot something selected by the staff.
Scripts should be emailed in Microsoft Word format to David Seitz firstname.lastname@example.org or James Brandt email@example.com.