If a program is not offered at GCC, but at other colleges in same district as GCC, are you allowed to apply for the degree from the GCC side when the time comes to graduate, or are you limited to only those who offer the program?

The college that offers the degree is the college you have to apply for the degree from. However, you can take some of the courses you need from another college such as GCC. Typically, each degree requires you to do at least 12 credits at the college offering the degree but double check your specific requirements. For example, if your degree is at Mesa CC you’d have to take 12 credits at MCC, you could take the rest at GCC and then you’d have to send your transcript from GCC to MCC and apply at MCC for the degree and to walk in commencement if you choose. Hope this helps. Feel free to call advisement if you have more questions: 623-845-3099.

Questions about GCC? Ask us here or browse previous questions for the best FAQ page!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s